Fairy Walk at 1000 Islands
RAIN OR SHINE!!!! Kaukauna Public Library and 1,000 Islands Environmental Center present our annual Fairy Walk! The event is held at 1,000 Islands Environmental Center. Join us for fun activities and a walk around the boardwalk to vote for your favorite fairy house. Fairy costumes are highly recommended for extra fun this evening! Join us between 5-7p for live music, food, crafts, face painting, balloons and more! Enter your own fairy house into the competition. Rules and information below for the contest. First place prize for the competition is a family membership to The Building for Kids. Voting for the winning fairy house ends at 7:00p and the winner will be announced by the DJ at 7:15p. Registration strongly encouraged; tickets are free. For free tickets please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fairy-walk-tickets-60150190840. It is not necessary to print tickets for the event.
Thank you to our event sponsors:
Fairy Walk: Official Contest Rules
- The contest is for youth ages 10 and under. Fairy houses must be accomplished with minimal help from adults. (Adults should help with activities such as cutting or hot gluing for safety purposes). The age of the builder(s) will be listed on contest tags. The Library and 1,000 Islands has the authority to disqualify homes that do not look like they were created by the age of the listed participant.
- Houses must be made from all natural materials. Please be mindful that the chipmunks like to eat houses made out of food. Any man-made items should be covered with natural items.
- Platforms or man-made support materials should be used for easy delivery and transport, but should be covered to look natural.
- Houses should be portable as they will be transported to the boardwalk. Maximum dimensions should be 16”L X 16”W X 24”H.
- Please do not use any items of value in your house as KPL and 1,000 Islands are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- The theme of the house may be anything you wish.
- Houses must be dropped off at 1,000 Islands between August 12-16 (please see 1,000 Islands Nature Center’s hours for open and close times). Entries dropped off after August 16 may be displayed, but will not be eligible for any prizes.
- Houses must have the contact information form filled out and attached. Forms are available online below and at 1,000 Islands.
- Houses may be picked up at event conclusion at 7:30p. Houses not picked up after the event must be picked up by August 30th or they will become property of 1,000 Islands.
- Judging of the fairy houses is by attendees and winners will be announced at 7:15p.